Monday, April 1, 2013

Stars Fall & the Joys of Self Publishing

A diversion for the normal topics on my blog.

In March, my legal thriller Stars Fall sold nearly 50% more ebook copies on Amazon than any month since its release in early 2012, over a year ago.  In fact, the rate on sales for Stars Fall has been incrementally climbing each month since last fall.

Total sales have long since surpassed the number of people I know, so I'm not sure who is buying the book at this point.  Unfortunately, Amazon's statistics don't give demographics other than total sales so I don't know who is buying the book or where they are located.

Don't misunderstand.  My novel is not selling at bestseller numbers.  John Grisham and David Balducci need not worry about my book siphoning sales from their latest thrillers.

But it has been rewarding and fun.

So if you haven't been able to hook that agent, or you have an old novel in your closet, think about the modern means of self publishing.  I don't know if it's for everyone.  But as for me, it was the right choice.

1 comment: